Monday, September 20, 2010

Touring Rhymes with...


Touring

-verb (used with object)

1. The act or 'life adjustment process' of spending most of your young adult life living/eating/breathing inside a 16 passenger Ford E-350 Econoline Van and/orMercedes 7 passenger Sprinter Van(trailer optional).

Touring with four of your best friends is something we asked for. In fact, we begged for it, dreamt about it and worked our asses off for it. I've always believed to truly realize and soak up something thats special, you have to dive head into it. We have spent the last year(minus a few weeks) on the road. Playing 12 tracks from our first album as a band in places I never thought I'd end up this soon. The sensation of my initial head first dive has come and gone in blink of a few months. I am now in the midst of trying to clinch my knees mid-air as my body attempts itself into the perfect cannon-ball off the high-dive. We asked for it and we got it....now what do I do with it?

The beast of mixing work, with travel, with what you love hasn't been as breezy as I imagined it always would be...and that has to be a great thing. A constant reminder of how much further we have to go as a new band along with how lucky I should feel to be where we are currently at. This Friday is the first show of our biggest tour to date. I am currently busier now with more things I care about than I ever have been. College blue-books have been replaced by over analyzed graphics of ourselves throwing up hair and bar tending C-class weddings on broken down yacht boats has been shoved aside with trying to learn exactly what a Moog Murf pedal can do for my bass tone. Being uncomfortable is comfortable for me...and that doesn't need to make sense to anyone but myself.

There's a chance I'll hit my tail bone on the aqua-green concrete at the bottom of the pool. Right in that spot that makes it a joke to all your friends to watch you try and sit down on a bar stool. Or perhaps, just maybe I'll hit that shit just right. I imagine a tidal wave of chlorine being shoved under everyone's eye lids within twenty feet of the impact. The lifeguard will blow his whistle and yell muffled gibberish from his oversized cone. Mothers will be frantically looking around for their children and Ill be wrapped in a damp towel that I got from the zoo, laughing...just laughing.

Andy

Local Natives


They just dont make neck pillows like they used to.(the 5th guy is our friend/TM Chris whom I'm 99% sure is on his Blackberry)

from the stage at FYF Fest a few weeks ago in LA (notice the sound booth tent which is mysteriously missing its 4th leg?)

4 comments:

Jesse Danger said...

Perhaps a random place to post this, but I heard "Wide Eyes" for the first time on a radio station the other day while driving. It blew my mind so hard from the first 15 seconds that I had to stop the car, turn up the radio and listen. Hands down the most brilliant song I've heard in forever.

I raced to the computer when I got home to find out who you guys were. All the songs are beyond amazing. Looks like your Boston show is sold out, and rightly so, but I'll have to see you guys perform as soon as I possibly can.

Amazed,
Jesse

Aisya S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You guys were the BALLS in Frisco!!! That was a great venue for y'all. We hope to have you back in So Cali real soon! Keep doin!

Lindsay@LindsayHough.com

About La Folle said...

It was great to see you guys at the ACM performance lab. It's nice to see a band that can articulate their own music process without feeling the need to patronize. I can't wait to hear what you guys come out with in the future.

-La Folle
(lafollemusic.blogspot.com)